Southern Volleyball Academy
Waiver, Release of Liability, Discharge, Photography Usage, and Covenant NOT to Sue
IN CONSIDERATION OF the above named, my child/ward, being allowed to
participate in any way in the Southern Volleyball Academy, LLC related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury to my child/ward from the activities involved in these programs is significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. I certify that the participant is qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activities. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe these conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in these activities and if I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove the participant from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4. I understand that Southern Volleyball Academy does not require the Participant to participate in this activity, but he or she wants to do so, despite the possible dangers and risks, and despite this Release. Participant agrees not to participate in such activity or associated Event unless they feel mentally and physical capable to do so. I hereby give permission for the staff of Southern Volleyball Academy to seek appropriate medical attention for the athlete and for the medical attention to be given and for the athlete to receive medical attention in the event of accident, injury or illness. I will be responsible for any and all costs of medical attention and treatment.
5. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, executors, administrators, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS and I AGREE NOT TO SUE Southern Volleyball Academy, LLC their directors, coaches, officials, agents, volunteers and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event or my traveling to and from the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any portion of this Release is deemed, by a court of competent jurisdiction, to be voided or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall be enforced to the full extent permitted by law as if the particular void or unenforceable provisions were not herein contained; and,
6. I grant permission to Southern Volleyball Academy, LLC, the right to use photographs taken of my child participating in Southern Volleyball Academy Volleyball Programs for promotional use on its website, and/or Facebook page, Instagram or twitter account. I hereby agree to release, defend, and hold harmless Southern Volleyball Academy, LLC its staff, officers, directors, board members, coaches, agents, employees, representatives and successors from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of the photographs for promotional purposes.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
THIS IS A RELEASE OF YOUR RIGHTS. READ IT CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING IT. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANY PART OF IT, YOU MAY WISH TO OBTAIN THE ADVICE OF LEGAL COUNSEL.